Renewal Firearm Curriculum includes: 1. All applicable State and Federal laws relating to the ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm
a. The Act relating to the ownership, storage, carry and transportation of a firearm
- with emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/10(h) which includes instruction on the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm.
- with emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/65 which includes instruction on prohibited areas and the parking lot exception.
b. The FOID Act 430 ILCS 65/1 et. seq. c. Relevant portions of the ILCS including but not limited to1) 720 ILCS 5/7-1. Use of force in defense of a person**
2) 720 ILCS 5/7-2. Use of force in defense of dwelling**
3) 720 ILCS 5/7-3. Use of force in defense of other property**
4) 720 ILCS 24/1 et. seq. Unlawful Use of Weapons**
** Must define dwelling, aggressor, forcible felony and unlawful use of weapons pursuant to the ILCS.
2. Weapon Handling; 1 hour Range Recommended
a. Handgun fundamentals b. Handgun concealment c. Live fire qualification instruction d. Live fire qualification with a concealable firearm consisting of minimum of 30 rounds which must include 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the Illinois State Police. (See www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm)